Instructions for Players for the JV and Varsity teams:
Thank you for your interest in the Leon Mens' Soccer program. If you are interested in playing soccer for Leon, here are the next steps you and your parents will need to take.
- Complete the Required Leon Men’s Soccer Contact Form 2016-17. Should you make one of the teams, the Coaches and the Boosters need the information on this form to keep you and your parents updated about games, activities, meetings and other information.
- There will be soccer kick-arounds and fitness meetings during the summer. Please try to attend as many of these sessions as you can. The schedule will be posted on this website by the middle of May.
- Returning players are strongly encouraged to join the team camp that will be held at the University of North Carolina Greensboro at the end of July. Information on the camp can be found at: http://www.carolinasoccercamps.com/boys-annual-team-camp.cfm More information will be sent by email to current players (who must complete #1 above).
- All players wanting to participate in summer activities must complete the following criteria:
Be enrolled at Leon, have completed physical and activities packet handed in to Coach McBrearty. These must be completed before participating in any activities. Activities packets and physicals can be picked up at the attendance office at Leon.
All returning and interested players should also attend interested player meeting at beginning of school year, date TBA, as well as preseason conditioning beginning the Tuesday after Labor Day.
- Go to tryouts in October. The schedule will be posted in August.
- Those who make the teams must attend the Welcome Get-Together in October. Your parents/guardians also need to attend. This dinner also serves as an orientation to the Leon Mens' Soccer Program. Your parents/guardians will receive an email to sign-up for this potluck dinner.
- Submit your assessment fee. The Leon men’s soccer program could not function without the financial support of the Boosters. All parents of players that make the soccer team (both varsity and junior varsity) are soccer program Boosters by definition. Season assessments average between $400-450 and must be paid (check made out to Leon Mens' Soccer) during the Welcome Get-Together, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Board Treasurer. We strongly encourage you to secure a sponsor to help defray the cost of assessments. If you need help identifying a sponsor, please contact the Board Vice President. See the Sponsorship & Assessment Credit Policy to find out more about how this works. Print the Sponsor Form and bring it to your sponsor to complete, or send it to them by email.